In this article, I’ll provide the best adoption agencies, tell you what makes the best, and answer your question: What Are The Best Adoption Agencies? Are you a woman who unexpectedly became pregnant, or are you a birth mother who would like to place your children for adoption, but don’t know exactly where to start? If you’re looking for an adoption agency, you’re probably wondering which agency is legit, is the most popular, or even what makes a great adoption agency the best adoption agency.
Your journey through adoption can be determined by which agencies you choose to work with. It’s important that you create that bond and trusting connection with those who aid you in your decision of adoption. One of the best ways that you can feel confident in the process is in the research of these agencies. Other resources of possible agencies and in making this choice can be found in Adoption.com and Adoption.ORG.
One of the most important parts of a possible adoption agency is basing it off of how reputable it is. You should also be aware of what exactly the goal of adoption agencies are. An article on Adoption.ORG titled “How Do Adoption Agencies Work?” discusses the role and purpose of these agencies. Jennifer Mellon, the author, writes that “the role of an adoption agency is to help the birth mother and/or birth family and prospective adoptive parents throughout the adoption process.” She goes on to say that “using an adoption agency is incredibly helpful, especially as you navigate the legalities, expenses paid to you as a birth mother, and the process. Sometimes, it is even required by the state for you to use an adoption attorney or adoption agency as your adoption service provider.” The goal of this article, likewise, is to help you know how to best navigate these choices in the upcoming days and months.
Gladney Center For Adoption
Improving the lives of children, birth parents, and adoptive families for more than 130 years, Gladney Center For Adoption has been shown to be a pioneer agency and leading voice. The organization is focused on the mission to create bright futures through adoption and has done so with steady commitment to make a difference in the lives of children, birth parents, and adoptive parents across the US, and around the globe. Gladney believes that every child is deserving of a loving and caring family, and won’t stop trying to find the best family that can provide that love and stability of a forever home. The vision of Gladney is, “For the sake of the children and those who love them, Gladney is dedicated to creating the finest adoption experience possible while forging new paths in serving the mission of adoption.” What makes Gladney one of the best agencies?
- 211 children have been placed with adoptive families in 2019.
- It has a very remarkable history that sets them apart from other agencies.
- It has a range of services, such as parenting education and informational support services, post-adoption services, and legal support and guidance.
- Though the organization is based in Fort Worth, Texas, Gladney has several regional offices located in other states too.
- Gladney has parent support groups nationwide that work year-round to educate the public about the benefits of adoption, to always support one another through the adoption process and long after adoption, and raise the funds needed to help sustain Gladney programs.
- You can learn about Gladney’s “Our New Beginnings Program” that helps children in the foster care system get connected with families, the domestic infant adoption process, and the international adoption process.
- You can reach out to an adoption specialist at any time.
- There’s even a pregnancy hotline section that provides information on finding a family, what your options are if your loved one is pregnant and isn’t sure what to do, and information on the adoption process.
- If you’re already parenting your child, and if you’re thinking about placing an older child for adoption, you can speak with an Options Counselor. The counselor will be someone who’s compassionate and will help you decide the best scenario for both you and your child’s future. These counselors also help you learn all about adoption and let you speak with birth mothers who already chose adoption. The counselor will provide you family profiles that have been thoroughly screened by Gladney and will match you up with the right adoptive family you’ve been looking for. Both the counselor and other staff will help you with your adoption plan created just for you, and you’ll receive counseling and post-adoption services. You can reach out to an Options Counselor by either calling or texting 800-452-3639, and the counselor is there to help and listen to your wishes and concerns.
- Gladney also has a program called “Rest & Respite.” If you’re parenting a newborn or toddler, and are feeling overwhelmed trying your best to parent, the program provides you the rest you need in order for you to figure out what your next steps will be. While in the program, you’ll learn about Gladney’s Next Steps Program that will provide you with the education to make a better future for you and your family.
If you choose Gladney as the adoption agency you’d want to place your baby for adoption with, you can call them at 800-452-3639, or email [email protected].
Bethany Christian Services
This agency has an inspiring origin story. More than 75 years ago, through faith in God, Bethany Christian Services began work by helping one child, and today, the group helps more than 50,000 people every year in more than 30 states, and over a dozen countries around the globe. Bethany is a worldwide nonprofit agency and believes that every child needs to be loved, empowered, and connected through the family. The mission is to demonstrate the love and compassion of Jesus by strengthening families, protecting children, and empowering youth through standard social services. Bethany has a section on the website for expecting mothers, and Bethany helps thousands of diverse expectant parents each year and gives these individuals the strength to make a plan. So, why else is Bethany Christian Services a great agency?
- Bethany services are free.
- The agency has great pregnancy and family-focused counselors.
- Bethany supports vulnerable children worldwide.
- The group has a variety of services ranging from pregnancy counseling, emergency care, and adoption.
- Bethany is a fully accredited organization.
- The core belief of the agency is to love God and love people.
- The global headquarters is located in Michigan, and Bethany has agency locations throughout the United States and around the world.
If this sounds like the agency you’d like to talk about your pregnancy options with, you can call 800-238-4269, or go to the website and scroll down to where it says, “Find your Bethany.”
Of course, there are more than just two options. If you still want to see what other adoption agencies are available to you, don’t be afraid to continue your research until you feel confident in the choice that you make. After those first two agencies that I’ve listed, are you still wondering What Are The Best Adoption Agencies? Here are a few more great adoption agencies.
Alliance For Children
With over 40 years of successful adoptions, Alliance For Children adoption agency is and always has been an inclusive agency. Families of all races, gender identities, religions, disabilities, ages, sexual orientations, and marital statuses are more than welcome to choose Alliance for Children agency when planning your adoption journey. The agency’s value is that the experience and expertise aren’t like other agencies. Incorporated in 1974, Alliance for Children provided adoption services for decades. The agency is dedicated to building happy families, and are always honest and reliable. There’s a section on the website for pregnant women who are considering adoption, caring about you and your pregnancy before and after the baby’s birth. What else makes this agency so great is that:
- The adoption placing process services is completely free.
- The agency helps you learn about each of the three adoption options (open adoption, semi-open adoption, and closed adoption.)
- Alliance for Children helps you make an adoption plan and don’t judge your decisions.
- You’ll receive financial support, housing, medical and emotional support, and counseling services.
- Alliance for Children serves all 50 states and can meet you no matter where you’re located.
- The staff workers are supportive and friendly.
- The agency supports during and after the pregnancy and the adoption process
- The people involved can have face to face meetings.
- The agency is available to call 24/7, day or night.
If Alliance for Children is the agency you’d like to place your child for adoption with, you can call 877-402-3678 at any time.
Beacon House Adoption Services
Founded in 1989, Beacon House Adoption Services has a tradition in helping both birth parents and adoptive families throughout the United States. The mission is to light the way for new beginnings. Beacon House Adoption Services has a section on the website for those considering placing a child for adoption and has a large quality of information for birth parents. Why else is this agency so great?
- Beacon House Adoption Services has stories of birth mother experiences so you have an idea of what to expect.
- Beacon House has helped over 1,500 women through the adoption process, providing emotional support and care.
- The agency has adoption agencies in Louisiana, Mississippi, and two locations in Florida.
- Depending on the state you live in or deliver the baby in, financial assistance options vary. Florida and Louisiana are adoption-friendly states and help birth mothers with legal expenses, medical expenses, living expenses, and travel expenses. Other states limit finance amounts and supports. It’s great to know that Beacon House Adoption Services has three states that allow those expenses.
- The agency gives you the option of letting you choose a family for your child, or the agency can choose one for you if you prefer to have a closed adoption.
- Beacon House provides counseling services.
- Overall, there are positive reviews from birth mothers.
Now that I’ve listed four options of the best agencies, you can either choose from this list, or you can research even more agencies that will help you with your adoption plan. A few more things to remember are when choosing an agency, keep in mind what makes a great agency the best agency. This article explains more about what to look for when choosing an agency. So, what are the best adoption agencies? What should you look for? Consider observing:
- An agency that guarantees 24/7 guidance and support.
- An agency that lets you have full control of your adoption plan.
- An agency that lets you choose the adoptive family.
- An agency that can financially assist you and your child.
- An agency that advocates for birthmothers.
- An agency that uses positive adoption terms. (placing your baby for adoption, choosing adoption, creating an adoption plan, etc.).
- An agency that respects your wants, concerns, and questions.
- An agency that is trustworthy, honest, and is dedicated to helping you and your baby all throughout the pregnancy, adoption process, and post-adoption.
- An agency that has professional staff who are friendly, helpful, supportive, and will be more than willing to help you with your adoption process.
- An agency that first and foremost has you and your child’s best interests.
- An agency that lets you know your rights as a birth parent.
- An agency that doesn’t pressure you into making a choice.
In looking at these four different agencies and the history and services provided, each desires for trust and satisfaction. Each has a mission of helping all parties of the adoption triad—the birth parents, adoptee, and the hopeful adoptive parents. From this information, you can find more peace in this time of decision making.
Kandice Confer is an adopted twin, wife, and mother of two girls who loves spending time with her family and two rabbits. She loves reading and writing inspirational works of literature and loves telling stories.