Two birth moms and two social workers sit down together to discuss reasons that someone would choose adoption for their baby.
The bottom line? Every situation is different. Every person is different. There is no cut-and-dried answer to an unplanned pregnancy. Some factors that these moms took into consideration included:
- Difficulties surrounding the baby’s conception.
- Her relationship with the other parent.
- Her level of preparation for parenthood.
- Her support system.
- Her desire for child to be surrounded by positive energy.
- Her interest in the child being part of a two-parent family.
Josh advises expectant parents considering adoption to “just look . . . find out if this is a good option for you. Find out if you feel you’re prepared to be a parent.”