Pregnant? Text or call now: 1-800-236-7898
How to adopt a baby in the U.S.
There are many families that choose to adopt an infant or toddler in America. Ever since Gladney got started in 1887, our mission has always been to help find loving homes for every child. That mission continues still today.
We understand that every adoption story is unique—just like every family. It is our goal to get to know you and your unique situation. By doing so, we can work together to customize your adoption experience based upon your needs and the desires of your heart.
Gladney’s Domestic Infant Adoption Program strives to place children of every race into a loving family unit. The program serves both those who are expectant parents and have decided to place their child into a loving home and those who wish to adopt a baby into their family.
What Gladney's Domestic Infant Program Offers You:
- Flexibility with the adoption process
- Help in creating a family profile
- Direction from experienced staff members
- Professional and respected legal personnel
- Parent support group membership
- Education on parenting
- Confidentiality (unless birth parents and adoptive parents both agree to more openness)
The following guidelines must be met for couples who are interested in adopting through Gladney’s Domestic Infant Program:
- Minimum two years of marriage
- Openness (specifically to the characteristics of children available)
- Live in the U.S.
- One parent has to be a U.S. citizen
If you would like to read the full list of requirements, please proceed to Exploring Adoption